Understanding / Navigation / Negotiation
Over the course of my career, I have been fortunate to be involved in many infrastructure and housing projects in all aspects: design, regulating and building. This experience has given me an ability to identify issues, break them down to manageable components, and come up with workable, successful solutions and implement them myself or through a team of people.
Westates Companies 2005 – Present
Westates is a regional developer and builder of single and multi-family projects. Westates has been very successful in providing high quality housing to low and mid income families in the Intermountain area while providing fair returns to its investors.
Involvement in all aspects of residential and commercial development including: locating potential properties, due diligence evaluation, entitlement efforts, planning and design, bidding, construction management and warranty.
- Master planned over 3,000 acres
- Developed over 1,000 single family lots
- Developed over 700 attached multi-family lots
- Developed over 700 units of self-storage
Herriman City 2003 – 2005
Incorporated in 1999 with around 1,000 residents, Herriman has grown to a population of around 40,000.
- Infrastructure planning and construction
- Review and approve all new development
- First City Water Master—Level 4 Water Operator—Distribution
- Developed comprehensive City Standards for all aspects of infrastructure
- Developed effective weighted criteria bidding system
- Implemented comprehensive controls for quality infrastructure construction
Sunrise Engineering 1994 – 2003
Sunrise is a very successfully consulting engineering firm that has improved the lives of thousands through its involvement in many capital facilities projects.
- Direct the funding, design, bidding and construction management of municipal projects
- Ensure office-wide cooperation between diverse service centers
- Profit and Loss responsibility
- Responsible for staff professional development, morale, and productivity
Director – Board of Directors
- Consider, evaluate and decide issues of company-wide importance
- Elect and evaluate CEO position
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering – 1993
Master of Science in Civil and Environmental Engineering – 1994
Utah State University
Professional Engineer – Civil » Ut / Az / Id / Wy